The First meeting of National Employment Forum which was attended by the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, Ministries of Labour of Federal Member States and Benadir Regional dministration was held in Garowe, capital of Puntland State of Somalia, from 14th to 17th July 2019.
The forum was attended the Federal Minister, Ministers from Federal Member States,
Directors-General of Ministries, Division Directors of Ministries and Deputy Governor of
During the meeting, number of imperative subjects were considered with the particular focus on reinforcing continuing efforts, guiding the youth to national development agenda and job creation.
The forum decided the following decisions:
1. That job creation is the first national priority.
2. The forum genuinely appraised Youth Employment Somalia (YES) programme, which
is now being completed. It was agreed to cooperatively resolve existing challenges and
to applaud achievements of YES programme.
3. To broaden job creation projects by extending to all different parts of Somalia.
4. To address needs of skills gab by rebuilding technical and vocational training school
which was formerly managed by the government and launching of new schools.
5. To strengthen ways to holistically administer job creation actions and to unite diverse
job creation plans.
6. To encourage macro and micro enterprises and creativity of youth.
7. To genuinely invest in agriculture sector to create job opportunities.
8. That Federal Government, Federal Member States and Benadir Regional
Administration will collaboratively cooperate on job creation projects.
9. The Forum thanks to Puntland State of Somalia, especially the Ministry of Labour,
Youth and Sports of Puntland, for warm hospitality it has accorded to dignitaries and
participants as well as its noteworthy efforts for the successful hosting of the forum.
10. Forum expresses appreciations to UN agencies who are part of Youth Employment
11. Finally, the forum candidly thanks donors for their immense role and big-hearted
financial support to Youth Employment Somalia (YES).
1. Federal Minister of Labour and Social Affairs, Federal Government of Somalia,
Honourable Sadik Hirsi Warfa
2. Minister of Labour, Youth and Sports of Puntland State of Somalia, H.E. Jama Farah
3. Minister of Youth and Sports of Jubbaland State of Somalia, H.E. Osman Hussein Haji
4. Minister of Labour Social Affairs of Hirshabelle State of Somalia, H.E. Mohamed Sheikh
5. Deputy Minister of Labour and Employment of Galmudug State of Somalia, H.E. Dahir
6. Deputy Minister of Labour of South West State of Somalia, H.E. Shamso Ibrahim
7. Deputy Governor of Benadir Regional Administration for Public Works, H.E. Adan
Sheikh Ali Fidow